Here is a guide on how to apply for Uwezo Fund loan. The Uwezo Fund is a vision 2030 flagship program aimed at helping youths, women and disabled people access finances in order to boost businesses and enterprises at the constituency level.
Uwezo Fund therefore is a channel for fostering enterprises, generating employment, stimulating innovation, boosting industry and expanding the economy among other things.
Eligibility Criteria for Uwezo Fund Loan Applicants
- It must have been registered with the registrar of societies, Cooperatives or the department of social services.
- Members of the group should be between 18 and 35 years old, whereas the one consisting of women only should be 18 years and above.
- The group should be operating and also have their office at the constituency in order to make an application considerate.
- Run a table banking structure where members contribute something monthly according to their internal guideline. Proof of the group’s monthly collection is a requirement.
- Have an active bank account carrying the name of the group.
- Must be a registered entity.
- The institution must list youth and women groups within in it.
Guide on How To Apply for Uwezo Fund Loan
- Make sure that you meet the above eligibility criteria.
- Fill in the Uwezo Fund loan application form. It can be downloaded HERE or be obtained at the Constituency Uwezo Fund Management Committee office or CDF offices.
- Send the application form accompanied with relevant docs to the Constituency Uwezo Fund Management Committee office.
- Wait for notification or respond from the committee.
Uwezo Fund Eligible Loan Amount
(A). For administration of the fund:
- First come first serve basis, so long as the loan has been approved and also provided that the committee ensures that their is equitable disbursement of funds in the wards.
- Minimum loan amounts for groups is Ksh. 50,000 and maximum Ksh. 500,000.
(B). These are the criteria to be used in determining the loan amount a group should be given:
- Duration the group has been in existence.
- Amount of money the group has been contributing.
- Contribution status.
- Proposed business plan for the loan amount applied by the group.
NB: The loan amount will be 3 times of the group’s savings. It shall not be below Ksh. 50,000 neither more than Ksh. 500,000.
Uwezo Fund Contacts
Lonrho House, 16th floor, Standard Street.
P.O Box 42009 – 00100, Nairobi
Hotline Number : 0776 154 210
General Line : 0776 154 204
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org